Monday, January 28, 2008

Profile of Bill K. Jarkloh

Trained both locally and internationally, I am an experienced journalist who has practiced extensively the profession throughout his life. I edited several Liberian Newspapers, including the NEWS, the ANALYST, the POST etc. I was Born unto the Union of Johnson Weah Jarkloh and Anna Jlopleh-Jarkloh (deceased) in the remote village of Panwhan in the Sanquin Statutory District of Sinoe County – the Republic of Liberia.

I also am award winning journalist. I won the Press Union of Liberia's Best Feature Writer of the Year award and held the title for three consecutive years from 2001-2004. Besides, I am a senior student of the University of Liberia reading Mass Communication and minor in Sociology. At present, I am the Monrovia correspondent writes of the FrontPageAfrica.com/ online outlet based in the United States, which arouse my interest in the use of ICT to communicate and in using ICT for good governance and in the shaping of the destiny of the people of Liberia, his home country, yea the region and the world.

I edit the NEW VISION Newspaper based in Monrovia, with website: www.newvisionliberia.com on line, at my free hours. The fact that modern journalism is not made perfect in the absence of the use of computers, cell-phones and other electronic gadgets is an attestation of the importance of ICT in the modern world, especially in the mass participation of the people through the mass media.

Divorced his first wife on ground of incompatibility, Journalist I who am also the current Executive Officer for Information at the Embassy of Ghana am presently married to pretty Ms. Korpo Kortimai, a Woman and Child right advocate in Liberia. I practices Mormonism and am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My hobbies include reading, swimming, watching movies and driving long distances during holidays. I appreciate therefore that I am a part of this new trend. http://www.haayo.org/-Profiles-.html

No comments: